Disclaimer: There are four days of this Comicon I will try and do an entry per day. One for my records and two for you my viewers to get the juicy details while it is still very fresh as I can assure by the end of this I will have done a lot I will forget when I did what! Also please look at my previous journal that was up for a very short time! Link: fav.me/d7l5iss
Let's not waste any more time and get this started!
We arrive at our hotel and from there about a 15 min walk to the ComiCon (C.C.) Along the way to finding the registration building we make a friend, her name is Cassie. We all head to the registration building thanks to the obvious signs and arrows pointing the way, especially the huge banner they had once we were inside the building! When making our way back to start exploring we hear from one of Cassie's friends that she is on the phone with that someone pulled the fire alarm! Wonderful right? Great start! Since we were going to have to wait for the firemen we exchanged numbers with Cassie and she went of to find her other friends that were there. (Unfortunately we don't hear or see her for the rest of this day.)
The firemen get there pretty quickly and once they check everything is okay they let the staff and exhibitors go in first. Then finally everyone else is allowed to go in! My friend and I go inside and before we head off to explore we decided to eat some lunch. We decided on some Asian food which tasted decent but not great in my opinion. While eating we look through the booklet of events that are going on for today and plan out the rest of our day around the events. We explore for an hour before heading off to our first event. **This is the end of the notes I wrote down in my little notepad I brought. I shall now recall the rest that I didn't write. I do also apologize I was a little too wowed when we got to the CC that I didn't take any pictures till the first event we went to.**
I will now list the panels/events:
1) 4:30 Large Weapons - Deceiving: Learned a lot about some materials and ways to make cosplay weapons look realistic and heavy but in actuality light enough that you can carry them for the whole CC experience! Held by two great guys and yes I did take pictures of what they brought in.
2) 6:30 World of Tea: I loved sitting in on this panel as I am all about tea! I relearned as well as a few new things about the origins of tea and where to look to get them! I gotta say I enjoyed listening to the guy who was cosplaying as a character from Black Butler (forgot which one he said but hope to fix that but in any case it is because of that I chose this journal skin!) Yes I did take pictures of them and while I didn't get any tea *sniff* I did get two of the people's names! YAY!
3) 8:00 Who, Why & WTF of DBZ: I was so psyched when I saw 2 of the same people who I was just listening to in the last panel I went to be in this one! No, no pictures in this one but did reminisce in the joys of this anime and the abridged series by none other than Team 4 Star baby!! Lots of laughing for this one. Just kinda wish the guy kept on his wig for his Black Butler outfit for this one as well, he just looked so awesome with it on!!
4) 9:30 WTF Anime & Japan: Definitely a lot of WTF moments in this session! It was easy to see why it was 18+! There were lots of funny commercials and game show clips we saw that were really funny and some other clips from movies and anime scenes that were quite disturbing and near the edge if not in the realm of the dark corners of the internet.
Waiting for our first panel we plan and try to schedule for the next day. Between the 2nd and 3rd panels we go down to check out all the merchandise booth and there are a lot, we grab a few cards from some of them at their booths, naturally of course planning on coming back! This is also where I took a lot of photos!! Before the last event on the list we tried to find something for dinner but most places were closing or as usual too pricey! So we just settled to go back and get seats. Finally the last event ends and it is going on 12. We walk back to our hotel and needless to say and it will be for the next 3 entries but I just won't list it but we were tired. There happened to be a store on the other side of the street so we picked up something to eat, headed back to our room. We eat a very late dinner of sorts, relax on our laptops watching videos and well for me it to write this entry. That is it for now! Good night or day as the case may be....almost 5am for me now.
So I did finally get some sleep after being up most of the night doing my entry of day 1 and today Woke up around 11 am. My friend was kind of enough to bring a plate of food from the free breakfast. Also today I decided to dress up for the occasion as an Akatsuki! As a result that is common one has a lot of people ask for a picture. I won't lie...it was great! ^.^
In any case there was a lot going on today.
List of today's panels:
1) 1:30 Whose line is it Anime: This was a fun panel to go to even though it seemed a bit disorganized. There were a lot of people excited to volunteer and play the games at this one!
2) 2:30 Pokestar Squares: This panel was kinda of like Hollywood Squares only the questions were of course Pokemon based. It was mostly young kids brought up to play the game and it was really cute!
3) 4:00 One Piece Cafe: This was like a lunch event and while we did have to pay for it was decently priced for the food and served by the crew of One Piece. Even got pics of them posing!
4) 6:00 Creating a Professional Independent Comic from the Ground Up: My friend really wanted to go to this one and get some tips on a good way to get in the door on presenting your work and getting published as a person who wants to write a comic.
5) 7:30 Drawing Sexy Women: This was another 18+ panel we went to mostly for me as an artist to get some more drawing tips. Most of the stuff I heard before but I did take some notes and sketches.
6) 9:00 Team 4 star: Uncensored and Unabridged: This was the other 18+ event we went to today it was the best highlight of the day! Wish I had recorded it because it was so funny but I took some pictures and got their signatures! They will be back tomorrow so I am very excited about that!
So checked out the booths today after going to the 3rd event and actually bought something. I found these bookmarks from an artist here on DA and I love a lot of her work. Here is a link of her work: mireielle.deviantart.com/
As for the bookmarks I got 6. Inuyasha, Howl, Ahri, Ashe, Jinx, and Sona. * I will post a picture of them and all are signed! I want to thank the artist for doing that! Yay!* After such a long day of fun we went back to the hotel but not before picking up another dinner at the convenience store. Then the usual shower to cool off, cause despite the ac it was very warm wearing cosplay and then finally relaxing on the computer.